Employee Health and Safety
Our people are our assets and their welfare is our responsibility. The promise of Caring, Sharing, Growing is an integral part of Jubilant Life Sciences.
An Environment Health and Safety division has been set up at all our manufacturing facilities with dedicated safety officers. Well-equipped Occupational Health Centres (OHC) has been setup at major manufacturing facilities along with ambulance, benefiting all the employees and contract workmen.
Safety Training and Awareness workshops are conducted regularly. All workmen, including on contract , are given a safety talk before allocation of work to them. Specific training modules have been designed for specific work. Health check-ups are conducted for our employees as well as labour on a regular basis. Apart from this, we also organise various programs for the families of our workmen which includes AIDS awareness, maternal & child health etc.
We have adopted the Globally Harmonised System for providing and spreading safety information regarding our products. In addition, we are also member to the Responsible Care program of Indian Chemical Council and committed to Sustainability; the global chemical industry’s unique initiative to improve its Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
We have safety teams at two levels- Central and Zonal. While the Central team looks after the overall unit, the Zonal team emphasises on the specific zones within the unit. These committees constitute representatives from both management as well as employees. Safety system includes approaches such as -
- Identification of hazards and assessment of risk involved in various activities right from product development stage to the delivery stage.
- Comprehending and incorporating necessary safety measures at the design stage itself.
- Developing and implementing effective systems such as work permits, mock drills, system of reporting incidents, identifying the root cause of the same and built in preventive measures etc.
- Fire being a major hazard in all the operations, an elaborate firefighting system is installed comprising alarm systems, manual call points, sprinkler systems, pressurized fire hydrant system, fire tenders and well trained human resource to handle emergencies.
- An ‘On site emergency’ plan is updated regularly, training imparted, mock drills are organized to fine tune the emergency plans.
- Carrying out HAZOP/ HAZAN studies, developing safety data sheets, selection of suitable material of construction, developing standard operating procedures, carrying out hazardous area of classification are some of the several methods adopted to handle safety aspects of company’s operations
- Safety training is imparted to both the employees as well as contract workers on regular basis.
At Jubialnt Life Sciences, we take all necessary measures to ensure that the security personnel at the organisation are aware, equipped and trained for handling security related matters including fire safety, communicating with visitors, escalation of matters, quick decision making etc. A proper training is given to the security personnel for extinguishing fire.
Customer Health & Safety
At Jubilant Life Sciences, Customer satisfaction & safety is an area of utmost concern, being directly linked to business value. Business Head and Functional Heads are responsible for addressing the issues related product responsibility aspects of their respective business. They are supported by dedicated sales and marketing team, Research & Development (R&D) team, Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) team and other relevant departments.
We have established two able-bodied approaches for Customer Health and Safety. While the devoted R&D and REACH teams constantly works on to upgrade the product safety information, there are QA & QC Teams who work alongside each other to ensure that the product quality, packaging and labelling of the products are not only strictly in accordance with the customer’s specifications, but also matches up to the international guidelines as well as the regulatory requirements as applicable.
The systems are well in place to ensure customer’s health and safety during the transportation, handling as well as the usage of the products, depending upon the type of product and nature of its end customers. In the meantime, the R&D Team continuously keeps updating the product’s health and safety information in form of Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) which is made available to the customers.
At Jubilant, we ensure compliance with national and international product safety standards such as Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals (REACH), Feed Additives and Premixtures Quality System (FAMI-QS), and KOSHER. The Carbon Dioxide manufacturing facility at Gajraula has been certified for Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000:2012.
All the products under Animal Nutrition business are FAMI-QS certified, ensuring safety, quality and regulatory compliance of specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures for animal nutrition. Some of the products are used in the food industry and the facilities involved in manufacturing these products are KOSHER certified. Jubilant Life Sciences also has other product specific approvals like GMP, AFSSAPS France, PMDA Japan, KFDA Korea, COFEPRIS Mexico, ANVISA Brazil, and TGA Australia.
Display of Policy