Committed to the Responsible Care® initiative
Responsible Care® is a voluntary commitment by the global chemical industry to drive continuous improvement and achieve excellence in environmental, health and safety and security performance.
At Jubilant, we value the health, safety and security of our employees, customers, suppliers, neighbours and the environment. As we work towards a sustainable future we ensure that our products are handled safely, Responsible Care principles are supported across the business value chain. We believe that being sustainable is an everyday practice and not just an idea and that’s why we work towards continuous improvement and share our progress with customers, employees and local communities.
At Jubilant, every employee has an important role in fulfilling our commitment to Responsible Care and continually improving our performance.
Life Science Ingredients business of Jubilant Life Sciences now Responsible Care® 14001:2013
Continuing our commitment to deliver value through safe and sustainable practices, Life Science Ingredients business of Jubilant Life Sciences (JLL) has received Responsible Care®14001:2013 certification under the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Responsible Care® program for its Corporate Office in Noida and Gajraula Manufacturing Unit. JLL is one of the few companies in India to receive this certification demonstrating our robust management systems which ensures high standards of health, safety, security and environmental performance for both its products and operations.
About Responsible Care®
Responsible Care® is the global chemical industry’s environmental, health and safety (EHS) initiative to drive continuous improvement in performance. Through this initiative the Companies achieve the
objective of going beyond legislative and regulatory compliance. Responsible Care was launched in 1985 by the Canadian Chemical Producers’ Association and is now implemented globally through national and regional associations such as the American Chemistry Council and others. It was adopted by American Chemistry Council (ACC) in 1988. Responsible Care is both an ethic and a commitment that seeks to build confidence and trust in an industry that is essential to improving living standards and the quality of life. Current Elements include:-
- RC 14001 Certification
- Responsible Care Guidelines
- Responsible Care Global Charter
Our Guiding Principles
There are some guiding principles of Responsible Care which are initiatives to improve our environment, health, safety and security performance.
- Lead our company in ethical ways that increasingly benefits society, the economy and the environment.
- Design and develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of or recycled safely.
- Work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport and disposal of chemicals and provide hazard and risk information that can be accessed and applied in their operations and products.
- To design and operate our facilities in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
- To instill a culture throughout all levels of our organizations to continually identify, reduce and manage process safety risks.
- To promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste and conservation of energy and other critical resources at every stage of the life cycle of our products.
- To cooperate with governments at all levels and organizations in the development of effective and efficient safety, health, environmental and security laws, regulations and standards.
- To support education and research on the health, safety, environmental effects and security of our products and processes.
- To communicate product, service and process risks to our stakeholders and listen to and consider their perspectives.